Thursday, August 03, 2006
Today had my biggest event of the year.. Thanks Von for the idea of blogging it..
Today, supposed to be a free day since lessons for the day were so-called cancelled, but gotta meet Jace, Von, Rina and QY for breakfast and also for our assignment.. Then halfway there, i parted with them to go for my driving lesson and I will be meeting them aft my lesson. Probably you dont know, today is my first time driving an auto-car.. Anyway i didnt like the idea of it..
Yesh, I thought i wont get my "most favourite" instructor since he taught manual car. But surprisingly I got him.. lalala.. Intended to msg Jace&gang but didnt.. Then he was so nice, he always adjusted the air-con for me which no other instructors bother to do so. Today, he on the FM for me too.. So when i took over the wheels, he gave me directions to go.. We went all the way to Choa chu kang.. He then told me that Auto Car's engine brake isnt so powerful as that of the Manual car.. So actually there was a lot of braking..
I didnt realise that actually the Auto car should have better brake system. The brake wasnt so effective as that of the manual car and I thought it was supposed to.. Until my instructor gave me direction to turn right aft the traffic.. i was cruising ard the speed from 50-70km/h and i started to brake when i see that the traffic was red.. I stepped on my brake firmly and i though i was slowing down but in actual fact i wasnt.. So I rammed right into the poor Citycab right in front of me.. My first thought that struck me was am i dreaming? And did I really rammed into the cab? Obviously i did.. Since there was a brake in the passenger seat, my instructor did stamp on it too.. Butt... We still rammed into the cab..
Alright, I admited i stoned there for quite some time until my instructor opened the door, its then i woke up from the visit to Heaven.. i think i just died there... He asked me to remain in the car, i did as i was told until i saw a passenger in the cab.. I quickly got out and see what i can do but in actual fact that was nothing i can do.. The stupid cab driver can still smile..
Super nice instructor asked me to get in to the passenger seat first while he settled for me.. So he took over the wheels and all of us headed to BBDC.. In actual fact, that passenger on board was heading to BBDC too.. So my instructor asked me to repeat the whole incident to him.. Then when he tries to brake to avoid some vehicles, the brake wasnt working again.. I was shocked when he said "Cannot break" in chinese.. A second close shave from "death", he immediately pulled up the handbrake.. God bless.. It not cabby this time, its some ultra big and long vehicle..
So we headed back to BBDC.. Can you imagine how the other drivers on the road and in BBDC looked at us? hahas.. Man! Like we are superstars.. Damn, Im so embarrassed!! Again, my instructor asked me to remained there, he will settled it for me.. That was super nice of him..
Some i was sitting in the damaged car whose front was badly dented in and the lid was slightly opened.. Different driving instructor came out of everywhere to Kpo.. There was this super bad one, he signal to me outside the car and asked me who rammed the car? So i signaled, ME.. Sarastic him, give me a double thumb-up and mumbled "EX-PERT".. hahas.. If i can, i will drive him over arhs..
My instructor came over and asked me for my identification cards, he explained to the other instructor that its not my fault and that the brake wasnt working. I hand over my IC and my temp licence to him and followed another instructor to sign some documents. Yesh, i was covered by insurance so i didnt have to pay a single cent.. I signed the documents and the instructor at the counter asked me whether i was alright and offered me a drink.. And i had to continue my lesson.... I came out of the office and my instructor was cruising the damaged car with his supervisor.
He then asked me whether i was alright? And told me that his supervisor didnt believe him becos the brake was working.. Oh, the passenger wasnt injured, just that she complained that the head was spinning.. aarghh i had to drive out of the centre again with a new car... Yesh, the brake was what i called-working, compared to the previous car. I drive with lots and lots of "caution".
At the end of the lesson, my instructor jokingly said that i can have a unforgetable memory..
Now, the whole iccident keeps running and repeating through my head. I think im having a bad headache..
Oh yars and if i died tomorrow or sometime this week cos of internal injuries pls attend my funeral.. lols.. In case u want to buy 4D, asked me for the car plate no..
♥ a butterfly landed @
8:00:00 PM
Back
i>