I just took up reading. It was something i really want to do all along but I always ended up chucking the book aside because i didnt have the time to finish.
I had finished reading "The glass castle" by Jeannette Walls in just three days, with a few hrs per day. Its an excellence book that brought laughters and tears The book is about the writer's real-life Dysfunctional family (it was real and personal, thus interesting), with her dad who was a drunk but he was an interesting figure too in the family and her mom was someone that didnt want the responsibility of raising the family. They lived everywhere, even in dessert and they survive well there but somehow they ended up in new york. It contained dark secrets and etc.
Anyway the interesting part was, can a baby stay in the mother's womb up to 14months. Anyway.. I dont even count the above as the review, pls read it yrself..
I'm going to start on my next book. The Memory Keeper's daughter by Kim Edwards It shld be just as nice or even better. I hope so... Since i have not read it, this is the review written by others.
The Memory Keeper's Daughter starts on a snowy night in 1964 when a doctor delivers his own twins and discovers that one of them, the daughter, has been born with Down Syndrome. In a hasty decision, he gives the daughter to a nurse to take to an institution and tells his wife the baby died. The nurse raises the daughter as her own. The Memory Keeper's Daughter moves through the years, showing how one decision affected every part of two families' lives.
This is a powerful novel. But I need to start looking for new books, any recommendations? ♥ a butterfly landed @
6:32:00 PM