<body> <body bgcolor="black"> skin by aMIDala anastAsiaNA

Sunday, August 26, 2007

I'm Sorry for the lack of updates.
One of the tasks that I was talking about

was the designing of the new school-bus.

Its a long story.

It started with a minor argument
between the Sch-bus driver and the supervisor
but soon sparks off a bigger one
and now,
the deal was off.

Supervisor decided to purchased one of our own,
a mini-bus (i thought that was call a van?)
and crowned me up as the winner to design the sch-bus.
I accepted the task cause it could keep me
busy
for days and also, one of the teachers
told me that
the supervisor was a strictly
no-rejection person and you could be
blacklisted..
But actually she was a nice lady but whatever..
But
It was such a big disappointment.
Before i go on, this is the design that
took me
countless nights to design, draw
and paint manually. she can chose from a variety of other designs
and The supervisor really like this design
cause i had drew it
myself, compared to the rest,
which i had edited the
pictures found on the internet.
Pointless to load the rest.

I gave her a triple dozen of different fonts
and colours to choose from.
This was her pick.
I was granted half day leave
on one fine day to search the whole of
Bras Basah
for a shop that scan A3 drawing

and printing of sticker for vehicle.

She said there was a few shop that do scanning
and she was pretty sure they scan A3 size.

It took me more than 1/2hr to find one shop
that do scanning
for A3 and it cost me 8bucks
for that scanning.
If i had knew it earlier,
i would have drew it on
A4 paper instead.
It took me a even long time to search and
ask about
the sticker, there were a lot of shops
that do printing
for different surfaces including
stickers
but none provide the service for vehicles.
Nevertheless, i was still happy to head home and
colour the drawing that had already been scanned.
But to my dismay, the colour contour differs,
i cannot simply used the paint bucket to fill the picture,
everything had to be done, manually!!


But in the end, the supervisor told me that
there were be an extra charge for such
a big and fanciful design and she was unwilling
to spend that money, the person told her it can be
FOC if its a smaller and simple design.
So the supervisor took things for granted
cos my hardwork and the sticker will be FOC
and asked me to design a
simpler design for her, and althought i was
rather unwilling but
i still did it,

Her special request is, she wanted
the bees and butterfly.
She was satisfied but asked me to make amendment to
the colour of the butterfly/font and the size of the
"flying creature".
And she was happy with it.
The next day, she told me the person said that,
they had never seen such a pretty and creative
design! Wad the....

It felt Like all my effort had gone down the drain.
Anyway, The school-bus will be ready
on 1st of Sept.
I can stopped fetching chn to school
cause it was such an unpleasant experience
especially Citycab, also known as the yellow taxi.

The most terrible ride i had ever had.
I took this taxi, carplate no, SHA 9700,
on 23Aug, a wet morning.
It was so difficult to get a taxi
on raining days.
Was glad one came by after a long wait
but it was such a bad experience that
i nearly swore off taking citycab for the
rest of my life.

The first thing i said to the driver was to go
XXX condominium to fetch someone.
I thought it was very clear that it means
that after fetching that "someone", there
would be another location that he has to go.
I had been taking cabs for the past few weeks
and this was the sentence i always used.

So upon arriving, that kid has not come down
so i said "Wait for a while" and was looking out for
that kid when the driver said a
loud "huh" or "arh".
I turned to see the meter stopped and a confused face.

Apparently, that eager driver had stopped the meter
and was waiting for me to pay.
I look at him with the same set of confused look and
told him politely that that I would be going to another location
after picking up someone.
He was so agitated and said why i did not mention
earlier and he started all the nonsense.
But i took him the meter will start jumping when
he drives. He didnt believe me.
To one point, he told me rudely to get
down and get another cab.

I really will like to if it was not raining
or not for the peak hour.
D**n the driver,
he was soo rude!
Finally the little kid came and i told him the next
location.
He was so unwilling to drive off
(even thought i had told him that his meter was clicking away)
and so he
started his nonsense first by dragging his 1st gear for the longest time.
Then he drove in a rather ridiculous speed,
so fast and dangerous
that the toddler hang on to me so tightly.
She always had a smiling face but today she seems
rather scared.

I was so furious, and wanted to report him.
I took down his carplate no. immediately.
The next and last ridiculous thing was that he charged me
extra. I am willing to initiate an extra fee if he
did not perform rudely and recklessly.

And after i paid up, he mumble a few sentences with sarcasm.
I was too burnt up to listen to his rubbish and i really wanted
to give a big powerful kick and create a big dent in his door and
ran off if my dear kid wasnt with me.
Soo.. I slammed the door shut,hoping all the glass-made
materials in the poor vehicle would shattered.

I was so fired-up but
had to pretend that it was
such a pleasant day when i arrived in school.
I didnt want my mood to affect anyone.

That day when i got home,
I was thinking about the event that took
place in the morning.
Although thinking of it makes my blood
boil, i thought that maybe he might lost his
job because of that letter I send
and he could have gotten
a hell lot of complaint letters against him
already and this letter might kick his arse.
What if, he was the sole breadwinner or
he had thousand of mouths to feed or
he had to take care of his parents or
he had to pay someone's medical fee
and so many make-up predicaments.

And so i decided to drop my case in
writting that complaint letter.
And i would seriously hope that i would
never meet him again.
(ehs, anyway i cant recall his face,
all taxi-drivers seems to look the same).
I even told myself that i would avoid taking
citycab.

But the next morning,
after "letting go" a few yellow cabs,
I saw this available auto-citycab.
Which means its a automatic vehicle
compared to the old ones that are manual.
I was dying for a ride because i never had the
luck to ride in one.
And so i quickly flagged for it.

It was such a pleasant ride LA!
-----------------------------------------------
Today, offically marked the 49th day
since grandad left us.
Most of us went down to pay our respect.
The buddhist believed that during the 49 day,
he would be at home and after the 49th day, he would be
free or will be "living" in the
columbarium.

Early in the morning, we headed down to
grandad's house to burn incense paper.
I was actually very much against it wondering
the number of trees cut down for that much amount
of paper, not for using but for burning.
But still helped.
And two burning cylinder tanks had to be used to
finish squeezing all the papers in.
My whole face was burning hot+red.

We headed to Mandai columbarium.
I quickly took a picture of granny and
grandad before they start all the procedures.

Apparantly, granny died when my mum
was 7years old that's why she looked so
young compared to my grandad.

I didnt took the picture of that whole hall
cause it might be rude to do so.
Since it was Sunday, it was so crowded at every hall.
Instead, i took a picture when the peeps took down the
incense paper to burn.

Not exaggerating, this was only half of what we burned
at the void of grandad's house.
It was pure exaggerating, cause none of the ppl there
burnt as much as we did.
I hope grandad would be the wealthier man ever, at
the place he's at now.
The incense paper
was wipe out in less than half an hour.
The fire was so fierce that it started to create
an ugly red patches on my face.

But it was gone when i reached home.
It must have contributed to the huge and rising air pollution.

We have to be there again on the 100th day.
I hope they dont burn so much cause
grandad must be so wealthy that he is giving
away his money to "charity".

I still cant accept the loss of grandad but still...

Goodbye beloved grandad...

It took me >3hrs to write this random rants.

Since you are still reading, then treats for you
I'll show you my new hair-style..




I have a lot of photos of the cutie pies to share,
post it next entry...

a 15-yr old ended her note...

a butterfly landed @ 6:00:00 PM

Back




adobe photoshop v 7.0
blogger
blogskins
blogskin design by aMIDala anastAsiaNA