Saturday, October 18, 2008
I survived for two weeks
in my new workplace..
And yes,
I won the children over..
especially the girls..
Thanks to strawberry Pocky
and some little secrets
between us..
I had to use the various methods
-> soft-hard-soft method
with the boys.. They're rather
more willing to listen to me now,
although its not totally..
And they're still little devils-like
most of the time..
There is some form of bonding now..
Besides, parents acknowledge me and
some of them are really really nice to me..
I am glad and grateful for that..
But
the sad things are pretty aplenty..
Honestly, I still drag going to work..
I arrived on the dot and most of the
time leaves on the dot too unless there's
no caregiver for my class..
Worst!?
I can ONLY handle the chn
when Im on my own..
sounds funny?
Definitely not because
its the opportunity to abuse the chn..
But their supposed class tch will always
without fail, interrupt me whenever
I try to manage the class during circle time,
or when Im trying to read them a story
or just gathering them for games
and activities..
She will always choose the "right time"
to ask me questions that are either not impt,
try to chat me up on other stuffs or asking chn
to go with her to do some stuffs..
Happy time for children,
as they start to go MIA..
She has the children with her
but dont really conduct lessons.
She just expects the chn to sit
and listen to her..
I didnt mention that the chn are really good
at sneaking off.. Did I?
Anywhere and everywhere, from the toilet
to the aquarium corner or some other areas
and they ended up fighting or playing roughly there..
And then I will get the blame
by the auntie..
- Sometimes I wonder if I'm really
in a childcare... -
And sometimes she can just walked off somewhere
and leave the chn there unsupervised..
And the chn will be really merry
and create chaos..
Most of the time,
I had to take a lot of deep breaths
or I will really blew up..
hahas.. I will really have heart prob soon..
But not anymore from nxt week, I hope..
Actually to be honest, she's really a nice lady..
And she treats me very nice and vice versa..
I really want to help her
cos I suspect she do not know how to teach
or she lacks simple classroom management skills..
But sometimes things just dont work
according to what one plans or predicts..
------------------------------------
Ytd was the centre's KIC event..
Rather funny lars..
The class tch only took 2-3 days to prepare
EVERYTHING..
Cos she just made used of last yr's stuffs
like the tch's reflection, games and
description of the activities..
even some of the photos?!
Basically everything was exactly
as the yr b4.
Some games that was on display was
also borrowed from other
centres..
Brilliant idea?!
I think its not her idea but prob the school's..
It's so unprofessional..
Throughout the 2-3days planning,
she did asked my opinion,
but I guess she doubts my experience, maybe yes/no
cos
she did not take my suggestions into consideration..
Like
I told her there will be congestion
or chaos if everything, the various displays
and games are squeeze into a corner..
She didnt believe..
And guess what,
within just 10minutes after we
introduce that corner to the parents,
it was in total mess..
Supposedly, she has to held a informal talk
with the parents..
and she didnt prepare anything,
which I have predicted..
She was busy giving out the evaluation forms
and I told her that I can do that for her..
She said "ok" but continue with the task..
So I have to give a simple explanation
to the parents like,
we are playing these games/activities
to promote a play curriculum
cause we believe that chn learn best
thru playing and thru these activities
blah blah blah..
In the midst of what I said,
she just came and she continued
and repeat what I said..
At that pt I really wanted to "cui xin gan"
but I turned and laugh it off..
At the end of the activities,
Some of the parents thought that
I was their child's new tch and others thought
that I was their Chinese tch...
Cos I was speaking in both languages..
Besides most of the time I was also the one
receiving the chn esp during this period of time..
Apart from the above,
there are many many other unhappy stuffs..
Like the stuffs, management and etc..
Anyway
I'll be sent to be the class tch of K1 with effect
from next Monday..
No handing over,
everything is everywhere..
And nobody brief me on what to
do/expect or where things are..
Met with their chinese tch..
She wished me luck because
I'm in for a bigger sh**..
Not just the chn but the parents too..
I know, cos yesterday's morning,
I witnessed a parent whose child's
was from K1, she was so fierce, angry
and ultra rude..
I wont go into details on what happened though..
Just blessed me with luck-essss..
hahas..
Or get insurance for me..
I'm going to restock on my comfort food
chocolate, chips and ice cream..
To make life a teeny bit better..
To end it off,
I'm so glad weekend is here..
My daily life event since to be abt counting down
to weekends..
Tml is a happy day..
I will get to witness my first little party..
:)
Shooting going on at a funny place tml..
Pray no encounter with funny people..
♥ a butterfly landed @
11:05:00 PM
Back
i>